Thursday, August 6, 2009

So blessed...




My visit with Emily is over. I am sitting in the airport right now killing time before my flight and decided that it might be a good time to blog about the past two weeks. Two weeks ago, I left Greenville for a conference in Dallas. My mom met me and we enjoyed spending some time together in between my meetings. We were not impressed with Dallas – probably because we couldn’t figure out exactly where to go when we had free time – but we did enjoy seeing each other and sitting out by the hotel pool.





On Friday of that week, I took a shuttle from the Dallas airport to Waco where I was met by Marianne and the Cox children. I got to spend a few hours with them before Sara and Emily drove to join us. Sara had spent a few days with Emily and Ryan and was going to finish her vacation with Marianne. It was so nice to have some of our old Bible Study back together, but we commented often on how much we missed Rebecca and Ashley. Kind of like a family, it just isn’t the same without everyone together. Nevertheless it was a wonderful vacation and here are some of my favorites:





1. Tex-Mex dinner with my mom in Dallas – see picture
2. Hanging out by the pool – poem to follow about that
3. Seeing Madeline and Hayden (thanks again for letting us use your bedroom, Mad-Mad!)
4. Watching Marianne teach Sunday school
5. Having Joe help me with my broken computer
6. Sara’s wonderful pictures
7. Madeline’s cookie cake and birthday celebrations
8. Driving 4 hours to Shreveport with Emily – major talk time J
9. Working on Emily’s classroom – see previous blog
10. The boardwalk with Emily and getting our nails done
11. Very yummy lunch with Em and Cush’s cupcakes
12. Watching Benjamin Button with Ryan and Emily – wouldn’t recommend the movie , but it made for a good memory



I am so thankful for the friends I have both near and far and the opportunity to see so many of them at once. Rebecca lent me her suitcase for the trip, Ashley woke up super early to take me to RDU, Sara and Ashley figured out a way to keep my car for me, and Emily and Marianne planned fun activities to keep all of us busy this past week. I am incredibly blessed to have such an amazing group of friends, and I look forward to seeing Sara at RDU tonight and spending time with my family tomorrow. God sure is good!

1 comment:

  1. i liked that post. we surely did have such a wonderful time. and i am glad i got to pick you up at the airport last night. i always love spending time with you...whether all the way in texas or right here in nc.

    ReplyDelete