I know this blog doesn't fit the current theme of Galatians and is very different than most blogs, but it is a moment I wanted to remember, so I put it here anyway.
He loves to explore. Today, when we ventured outside, he
pulled grass out of our yard by the handful and tried to eat a leaf before I
pried it from his tiny fist. He giggles
and yells. He loves when daddy comes
home. He kicks all the time – especially
in the bath sending water flying in all directions. He is never still.
Except when he is tired.
When my sweet baby is tired, he looks for Mama. His lip quivering, his arms reaching, he
stretches his body for me. And he
cuddles into my arms resting his head against my neck. He fits me like a puzzle piece. His blonde hair soft against my cheek, his
long baby legs draped across my lap. We
rock. I hold him, and I wish time could
stop. He is only five months old, but he
is getting bigger. He seems to grow by
the hour, and I know a day will come when he won’t fit so perfectly in my arms –
when he won’t want to fit there. A day will also come, God willing, when he
won’t be the only baby in my heart.
Other children will call and cry.
There will be more than one to put to bed, and our nights might not be
as peaceful. But right now, tonight, he
is my only boy. He is my heart. And as we rock, I breathe in the sweet fresh
smell of him, brush a kiss against his soft baby skin, and thank God that he is
mine and that I have been given the chance to be his mama.

What a perfect post. This is so special
ReplyDelete