Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thankful...

Emily's update reminded me that I have not posted in a while, either. This has been a week where God has reminded me again and again all I have to be thankful for, and since I'm overdue on a post, I decided to list some of my many blessings.

1. For Jesus - for his love and his sacrifice and his constant presence. I'm so glad that he puts up with all my craziness, reassures me over and over, and holds my hand through times of fear and sadness. I'm thankful for his gift of grace and for all the blessings he has given me that I do not deserve.

1. My family. Thanksgiving was wonderful (even with all the empty chairs around our table), and I'm so thankful for my family and the encouragement, laughter, and support they provide.

2. My girls... Emily, Sara, Ashley, Rebecca, and Marianne (and family). Even though we are all spread out, I'm thankful that they are always close to my heart. I'm thankful for the phone calls, emails, and prayers they provide every week. I'm thankful that God has given them to me and made them my family in Him.

3. My friends. This week, I've been so thankful for the love and laughter God has given me in these people. Jenn Hemink and her willingness to spend time with me (even at the spur of the moment) and for the laughter we always share. Jenn Lynch and Tyler for their phone calls and dinner invites. Laura (and her family) and the way she gets me - I'm so thankful to have a friend who has known me so well for so long. And for random connections with old college and high school friends recently. Wow, God is good!

4. My coworkers - God has given me such amazing coworkers, and I'm so thankful for the environment he has provided me at Farmville. It is easy for high school teachers (or teachers in general, I guess) to become cynical and negative. I'm thankful for the ways we pick each other up and encourage one another when times are hard. I'm thankful that I work with people who want the best for our students.

5. My students. I'm thankful for the joy the provide me most days! Haha. They are a crazy, crazy bunch, but they make me laugh and help me know that for now, I'm right where God has called me to be.

6. My small group girls and Deb. I'm thankful for the opportunity to do life with them. I'm thankful for their faith and their willingness to grow. I'm thankful that they come week after week to learn about Jesus and that they live their lives for Him.

God is good. He is so good. And I love him for it...

1 comment:

  1. i am thankful for you shannon...more and more all the time.

    ReplyDelete