Saturday, September 3, 2011

Maple-Glazed Salmon



Andy's brother, Ryan, went on a fishing trip to Alaska a couple of months ago and brought back lots of fresh fish including the salmon we made tonight. My friend, Laura, has a large garden at her house and is even working to start her own business selling her canned goods, and she had given me several jars of fresh vegetables for my birthday in July. Tonight, Andy and I cooked the salmon and made some of her green beans. It was exciting to have such fresh food - I felt so healthy! The recipe for the salmon was particularly good. Here it is:

Ingredients:
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground ancho chile powder (I didn't have this, so I left it out)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
4 (6 oz) Alaskan salmon fillets
2 tablespoons maple syrup (I just used the pancake kind)

Directions:
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine seasoning and rub spice mixture evenly over flesh side of fillets. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Brush fillets evenly with syrup; broil 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment