Sunday, November 20, 2011

Vegetable Soup

Andy left me alone last weekend and to cope, I cooked :). As a result, I have several recipes to share with you. They were all super tasty. I would also like to add that while I am writing this blog, I am watching Four Christmases which was my first date movie with Andy.
Vegetable Soup
Ingredients:
1 can of chicken broth
1 can (11.5 oz) of tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
1 cup of water
1 large potato, peeled and diced
2 carrots, sliced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 cup of fresh green beans
1 cup fresh corn kernels (I used one can, drained)
salt and pepper
Creole seasoning - don't skip this!!
In a large stock pot, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. It took me a couple of hours to get my vegetables tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment