My plans didn’t work out the way I wanted them to tonight. This morning, I was planning to go to Charlotte to meet Andy and some of his friends for shagging, and on Friday, I was supposed to meet Casey (my youngest brother) and parents for lunch. Casey is visiting from Texas. I left for work this morning with my car packed and ready to go, but after looking at the weather, I decided that traveling to Charlotte tonight was not the best plan. So… tonight my boyfriend is off dancing with other girls (most probably over the age of 50 J), and I’m working on National Boards. After being sad – more about the distance in our relationship than my plans tonight – I started thinking about how frequently our plans don’t go the way we expect. When I started writing this blog, I had in my mind that I would write about how God’s plans are so much better than the little ones we have for ourselves, and as if God were putting his seal of approval on this topic, my friend, Sara, called me after I had written two sentences.
As always with Sara, our conversation was rich and long. We had a serious heart-to-heart about different prayer requests and the way we had seen God work in our lives lately. I talked to her and felt so encouraged and better about life. If I had gone to Charlotte tonight, I would have missed our conversation and the opportunity to learn more about Jesus from Sara.
There will always be situations in life where things don’t go according to my plan, but it is nice to know that things always go according to God’s plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment