Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Beautiful Mess


The alarm clock rings
A baby scream
and my day begins
I stumble in
(It was a sleepless night)
And pull him from his crib

I change and feed and burp
Pack lunch, make coffee too
I sing and play
Pull toys out
then put them up again
I chase the baby
Rock and pat
Hope he takes a nap

The day gets by
and instead of a thankfulness
frustrations gather in

The endless laundry
Dirty floors
And dishes left to do
The clingy baby on my legs
The dinner plans to make

The day to day clouds my thoughts
And I often forget
It is in the little things
I often sweat
sweet blessings can be found

A baby grin with “ma-ma” on his lips
Footy PJs and arms stretched high
this child for whom I prayed

The lunch, the coffee, and dinner too
for my husband made
The man I love
Who works so hard
To care for all of us

The dirty socks and dishes
And dinner that I bake
They represent my family
Precious blessings I’ve been given

Mouths to feed and feet to clad
A busy house we have
But out of home comes great joy
And not a moment would I trade

So, today, I thank the Lord
for the dishes in the sink
the tennis shoes
and scattered toys
the beds still left unmade
Because in these items
My loves are found

The beauty in the mess

No comments:

Post a Comment